Are you in an abusive relationship?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- frightened at times by your partner’s behavior
- afraid to disagree with your partner?
- often apologizing for your partner’s behavior (especially when he or she has treated you badly)?
- verbally degraded by your partner?
- discouraged from seeing your friends or family because of your partners jealousy?
- afraid to break up with your partner because of threats to hurt you or themselves?
- feel like you must justify things you do or don’t do to avoid your partners anger?
- avoid family or social situations because you are afraid of how your partner will act?
- Have You Been…
- hit, shoved, thrown down, choked, grabbed, or had things thrown at you?
- forced to perform any sexual acts against your will?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to check your relationship. There are places you can go for help and support. Perhaps you are now out of a violent relationship, but still dealing with the pain. Call Project Sanctuary…we can help.