October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) is October and throughout the month, we'll be bringing awareness to the issue of Domestic Violence though several community events and activities including...
- "Love shouldn't hurt", this year's DVAM theme, will be printed on coffee to-go sleeves at coffee houses in some of the county's more rural areas including Hopland, Covelo, Laytonville, Booneville, Westport, Mendocino, and Point Arena.
- The cities of Ukiah, Fort Bragg and Willits will be offically proclaiming October as DVAM. (Ukiah: Oct 2nd, FB: Oct 15th - Willits was September 25th). They will also be lighting up City Hall purple, the color of DVAM
- The coast counseling center in Fort Bragg will be hosting a DVAM open house from 5-7 pm on Friday, October 4th
- 'Love Is' night at Casper Pub, Oct 11 6:30-9:30
- Many merchants throughout the County will have point of purchase DVAM info by their registers.
- A "Love Shouldn't Hurt" dsplay will be at the County Courthouse in Ukiah all month
- DVAM PSA's will be running all month on KZYX
- We will be tableing at many community events including the Children's Health Fair in Ukiah, the Covelo Health Fair, the Harvest Festival at the Anderson Valley Health Center, the Healthy Living Conference produced by the Hopland Band of Pomo Indians, Fort Bragg Farmers Market every Wednesday in Oct except Oct 30'
- Memory tin workshop, Oct 15, at the coast office from 6-8 pm
- We will also be tableling and installing an alter to those lost to DV in Mendocino County at the Dios de los Muertos/Day of the Dead Festival on October 29th at Mendocino College and at the library in Fort Bragg on Oct 30.