If you have been sexually assaulted
- Get to a safe place immediately.
- Call a friend or call Project Sanctuary for support and information about what to do or where to go.
- Call the police or sheriff immediately if you want to file a report. You can always change your mind later.
- Do not shower, douche, change clothes or alter the scene of the crime.
- Go to the emergency room of a local hospital for an evidence collection exam. Call us - we can advocate for you at the hopsital.
- Don’t feel guilty or ashamed. It wasn’t your fault!